Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Only 25 days until Christmas....win this scarf.

I can't believe how fast 2010 went. It seems that every year goes at a speedier pace. I just get used to writing 2010 on my checks, and it's another new year. Life really goes by in a flash. When I was teaching full time, I wished the year away by the next upcoming vacation. Now I wish the winters away so that I can experience spring.
Winters are rough. We get so much snow. Sometimes my husabnd has to get on the roof to shovel it off. I bought him a snow blower a couple of years ago, but H ecan't get that onto the roof We live in a two story house, and one year, we had so much snow, that our entire lower story was encased in snow. It was like living in an igloo. Our little dog att he time would hang out on th e lower roof because it was level with the snow line. That same year was the first and last time I helped my husband shovel the roof. I fell off and my shovel went elsewhere. The snow cushioned my fall, but Jim had ot come down and shovel a path to me because I was surrounded by a wall of snow. Then we had to shovel our way to where the shovel fell. It wasn't a fun experience. Another time we had our truck parked in the driveway which was pretty icy. I fell under thet ruck and could not get back out.After several attempts, I finally was able to pull myself out by holding onto the tire wheelwell. In retrospect, it soulds pretty funny, my constant slipping under the truck, but I could have died out there. It was night and no one was around. Anyway, is it any wonder that I wish away the winters?
You may wonder why I live up here if I hate snow. Well, it's gorgeous and the spring, summer and fall are absolutely wonderful.
Now I'm getting to the first contest for followers of my blog. I am giving away a beautiful, red fringed scarf. It is made from super soft acrylic yarn. The way to win it is by becoming a member of my blog. You can enter as often as you like but only when you add another person as a follower. The first time you enter is because you become a follower. The next time, you must add someone else as a follower. I will be having give away contests each month. Sometimes it will be a scarf or hat, other times it will be a piece of jewelry. Also, I will have discounts and others specials available ONLY to followers of the blog. The drawing for this scarf will be at the end of December.

No comments:

Post a Comment